Today’s tip is from reader Mark B. and will really make your trip to Hawaii much smoother if you follow his advice. I’m also including links to some of our recent Hawaii travel tips below so check them all out as well.
Having just arrived in Kona, I’d like to share important information. The State of Hawaii not only requires a negative test within 72 hours of arrival in Hawaii AND registration and uploading of test results to their website but also requires visitors to enter flight data not only for an arriving flight but also every connecting flight to another island. Hawaii does not state that requirement on their site. A QR code is required for each flight. So arriving HNL with a QR code for that flight, when we landed at KOA we were asked for the QR code for that flight, which we didn’t have. There we were stuck at the arrival gate re-entering the same information previously entered except with the addition of the flight info for the flight HNL to KOA. Remember to add a separate registration for every flight to save time and a hassle at your final destination. ~ Mark B.
Thanks, Mark for your tip! It’s very helpful so we’ll run it this week and ask others to please submit their Hawaii travel tips if they’ve been in the last few weeks so others can have a better experience.
So readers, if you’ve been to Hawaii in the last few weeks or live there and have advice that can help others have a better experience, please email me (Johnny @ JohnnyJet .com). I’m looking for anything from getting to/from the airports and getting around town without a car rental to dining and safety tips.
RELATED: Tips for booking a vacation to Hawaii
As more people start booking vacations, we’re getting tips for traveling to Hawaii. Travelzoo‘s Gabe Saglie gives us an inside look at what the process looks like right now. This segment aired on KTLA+ ‘Off the Clock’ on April 13, 2021. (KTLA)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 03/31/22.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.