More than 18,000 trips planned by Allianz Global Assistance’s customers were assessed for Valentine’s Day travel this year. The study found that New York and Cancun made the very top of the list as this year’s most popular domestic and international destinations for the annual day of love.
The study looked at trips departing between February 10, 2017 and February 12, 2017, returning between February 12, 2017 and February 13, 2017 and staying at least one night.
Domestically, here are the top 10 destinations for Valentine’s Day, ranked in order: New York, Las Vegas, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Boston, Phoenix, San Francisco, Dallas and Miami.
Internationally, here’s the top list, listed in order: Cancun, Mexico; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Montreal, Canada; Puerto Vallarta, Mexico; Havana, Cuba; Nassau, Bahamas; Oranjestad, Aruba; Toronto, Canada; and Montego Bay, Jamaica.
Interestingly, Havana ranked in this list for the first time since travel restrictions to the country have been eased. The island country ranked in the number 6 spot internationally.
“It’s exciting to see that this Valentine’s Day, Americans are taking advantage of the opportunity to travel to Cuba for an approved activity such as an educational or humanitarian visit,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications for Allianz Global Assistance USA.
Whether travelers opt to stay on land in a privately-owned hotel (casa particular) like Hotel Florida Cuba or take a cruise like Celestyal Cruise’s seven-day Havana-Santiago de Cuba-Cienfuegos itinerary, travel insurance should be thought about. Travel insurance companies like Allianz Global Assistance can walk you through all the options to find the right policy for your specific travels.
Whether in Havana, another destination on the list or somewhere closer to home, cheers to a happy and wonderful Valentine’s Day!
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.