There’s a lot of wine action this September in California, because it happens to be California Wine Month. (As if us Californians need an excuse to sip some tasty wine!) There are nearly 100 great wine events to choose from in California wine regions in September (see link below), but here’s a curated list of five you can’t miss:
1. Sonoma Wine Country Weekend — September 4-6
One of the top three charitable wine auctions across the US, Sonoma Wine Country Weekend, will have 200 wines plus pairings from 60 Sonoma chefs. There will also be dancing under the stars at the Francis Ford Coppola Winery and, of course, dinner and wine. On the last day, there will be a wine auction at Chateau St. Jean.
2. Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival — September 11-13
Check out a culinary competition and grand tasting at the 30th Annual Lake Tahoe Autumn Food & Wine Festival! In addition to the competition, the North Lake Tahoe event will have cooking demonstrations, a “Farm to Tahoe” dinner, hikes, and even a kid’s cook-off. There will also be winemaker dinners and live entertainment.
3. Capitola Art and Wine Festival — September 12-13
The 33rd Annual Capitola Art and Wine Festival in the Santa Cruz Mountains will celebrate 23 wineries, local restaurants, artists, and music right near the beach. There’s fun for the kids too, with a kid’s corner with continuous arts and crafts, local dance and street performers.
4. CRUSH: Temecula Valley Wine & Culinary Showcase — September 19
During the entire month of September, head to Temecula to purchase a SIP, Temecula Style passport, which gives you some sweet deals at four of the area’s 30-plus wineries during the month of September. A September 19 harvest festival will share more than 100 wines with food pairings and live music.
5. Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast — September 24-27
The 6th Annual Sunset SAVOR the Central Coast is a four-day event with celebrity chefs, winemaker seminars, adventure tours, and more. The Central Coast event is at the Santa Margarita Ranch and throughout San Luis Obispo County with more than 200 tastings.
For full details on these and all California Wine Month events in September, visit discovercaliforniawines.com/californiawinemonth.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.