The spectacular new Warner Bros. Harry Potter Studio Tour in the United Kingdom opens March 31, 2012. But our very own Johnny Jet got a sneak peek before anyone else. Check out this behind the scenes clip from Johnny’s Travel Channel Special, Hot Spots 2012, to see the Harry Potter tour up close!
The tour is located at the Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden, which is located about 20 miles from London. The mostly self-guided tour takes approximately three hours. Guests will get an up-close look at many of the original sets, such as parts of Hogwarts Castle and Diagon Alley. Coupled with other exhibits and hands-on activities Warner Bros. has made this tour a can’t miss for Harry Potter fans of all ages.
The most important thing to remember is to book your tickets in advance. There are no tickets sold at the venue. A few ticket options make this tour fantastic for families. A Family Ticket will admit two adults and two kids or one adult and three kids, for about $130 dollars, depending on the exchange rate. That’s a nice discount, as opposed to purchasing full price tickets for everyone.
There’s also a Gift Ticket option. This is an awesome gift for yourself or friends who know they want to take the Harry Potter Studio Tour, they just don’t know when.
But if a trip to England is a bit out of your reach here are my top 5 places to visit state-side if you need a Harry Potter fix:
#5 Quidditch Anyone?
Ok, so there won’t be any flying broomsticks but no one will bat an eyelash if you come dressed in Potter gear ready to cheer on your favorite team. Crafty Harry Potter fans across the country have formed teams and adapted the magical game of Quidditch to be played on foot. Check out the International Quidditch Association to see if you have a local team or form one yourself!
#4 A touch of Diagon Alley
The closest thing to Flourish and Blotts or perhaps Borgin and Burkes this side of Diagon Alley is Gold Bug in Old Town Pasadena. You’ll feel like you’re walking onto a Harry Potter set the moment you step inside this unique store. Bring your Galleons you won’t want to leave empty handed.
#3 The Room of Requirement
For Wizards of Distinction no ordinary shop will do. Whimsic Alley in Los Angeles, California has everything you need if you’re looking for a new wand, quill, or high tea with other Harry Potter fans. They even have their very own Great Hall with floating candles available for private events.
#2 Move over Cinderella, there’s a new castle in town
If you want the full Harry Potter experience look no further than the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Orlando. This is the closest thing you’ll get to crawling inside a Harry Potter book. From the village of Hogsmead and Diagon Alley to Hogwarts castle you won’t believe you’re actually in Florida.
#1 Be treated like an HP VIP
There’s no better way to get in touch with Harry Potter than from the studio that brought you the movies. If you can’t make it to Great Britain for the Warner Bros. tour in Leavesden, there’s a fantastic VIP Studio Tour at the Warner Bros Studio in Burbank, California. This tour features an in-depth look at all aspects of filmmaking. And there is a very special exhibit on the tour that Harry Potter fans shouldn’t miss. If you’re not into theme parks, this is a great alternative the whole family will love.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.