With the London Olympics rapidly approaching (they officially begin July 27th) those of us lucky enough to see the Games firsthand can let these gold medal worthy apps do the work for you, so you can travel like the pros. To truly enjoy all that the Olympics have to offer, be prepared to deftly navigate the city without worry. Launch these five apps to become an expert on both the sporting and the surrounding sights, so you can sit back, relax, and be the envy of all your friends who have to watch the events on their tube.
In a matter of seconds, Olympic history can be made. You can’t afford to miss a single moment, so don’t spend your precious time spectating with your head in a guidebook. Instead, let Tagwhat be your navigation system and storyteller. Tagwhat pinpoints your location to give you a visual and written guide of the the most relevant and accessible spots within distance. Best of all, Tagwhat incorporates content from “users, publishers and public sources” meaning you can experience the city through the eyes of a local, without having to stop and ask for directions.
If you’re making the trip to the Olympic Games, don’t miss one opportunity to be the envy of your friends at home. Go beyond simple snapshots with HipGeo: take photos, caption them, and instantly share them with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, or email. HipGeo allows your travels to come to life by mapping where you have been, so you can keep track of your adventures and prepare for ones to come, all while keeping your friends up to date and extremely jealous.
3. London Olympics Ultimate
Few – practically none – of us are capable of the athletic feats that the Olympians perform, yet by being in the know on all events it can seem like we’ve been training for this moment for years. London Olympics Ultimate keeps you well versed in all events, letting you be the most informed fan you can be, even if you’re a rookie. The app lets you follow events and countries of your choosing, keep track of medal counts, read all relevant news, and even make predictions on event outcomes and be alerted of the results.
4. XE Currency App
Wherever you are hailing from, its a good idea to know the most current exchange rates before buying full Olympic regalia. The app can even keep you spending even when your internet is spent, storing the most recently loaded rates for reference. With all the world currency rates in the palm of your hand, be prepared to buy enough souvenirs for you and all your friends who stayed home.
5. London Tube Deluxe
Don’t get bent out of shape trying to find your way to the next event. The user-friendly layout of London Tube Deluxe keeps you up to speed on how to get to your next destination, so you don’t have to race just to see the race. Used by “Londoners, visitors, and even Tube drivers,” this app is a must-have for hassle free and trusted guidance through the underground.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.