Summer is here, and that means Americans of all stripes are gearing up to travel. Many will visit Europe, to which airfares are as low as they’ve ever been. With that in mind, Allianz Global Assistance has analyzed existing bookings for trips through Allianz partners through Labor Day to determine the top European destinations for Americans this summer.
Perennials London (19.9% of European bookings) and Paris (15.6%) again took the top two spots, with Reykjavik, Iceland (7.6%), jumping 14 places into third. The surge of travelers to Iceland, now via an increasing number of direct flights including United’s new Newark-Reykjavik route, will continue. Another big takeaway is Nice’s (2%) appearance in the top 20 for the first time, an indication that the 2016 terrorist attack there is no longer impeding American visitation. The full top 20:
“More and more Americans are flocking to Reykjavik, Iceland this summer, along with other new popular summer destinations like Nice,” said Daniel Durazo, director of communications at Allianz Global Assistance USA. “Regardless of whether you’re traveling to a longtime favorite or new hot spot in Europe, it’s important to protect yourself and your travel investment with a travel insurance policy. In these uncertain times, travel insurance can assist in the case of trip cancellations and delays, medical emergencies and more. For instance, it may be important to find a policy that covers cancellation for a terrorist attack occurring at your destination prior to your arrival.”
Disclaimer: Johnny Jet works as an ambassador for Allianz Global Assistance (AGA Service Company) and receives financial compensation.
For more information about Allianz Global, visit AllianzTravelInsurance.com.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.