One of the problems I encounter when I travel is that I never have room in my bag for another small bag in which to carry my laptop or other supplies. It doesn’t matter if I’m traveling with carry-on only or I’m checking a bag. (When I check a bag, it’s because I’m traveling with my 19-month-old son and I usually have a whole sleeve of diapers and his clothes inside, so there’s no extra space.)
Well, the good people over at Tortuga recently sent me their Setout Packable Daypack ($39) that’s small enough to fit inside one of my bags. I used it last week traveling to Florida and New York and it worked great for a day of sightseeing, carrying my laptop to a meeting and as a bag to carry a change of clothes in on the plane. The padded, mesh shoulder straps and back panel are comfortable. The 19-liter bag is 17.5” x 11.5” x 5″ and weighs 8.5oz (0.53lbs). Other features include a zippered front compartment, water bottle pockets and a removable sternum strap.
If you’re looking for a cheaper and larger alternative, check out Amazon’s 35-liter AmazonBasics Ultralight Packable Day Pack for $17.99.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.