After dropping my bags off in the room, we were off to our first destination, a tour of Firestone & Robertson Distilling Co. (901 W. Vickery, Fort Worth, TX 76104). It’s about a 10-minute drive from the hotel and it’s the only artisanal bourbon distillery in North Texas. The founders, Leonard Firestone and Troy Robertson came together to create two distinct whiskey brands. The first, a premium blended whiskey, is artistically crafted with select whiskies sourced for their complexity and range of character. The second product, a straight bourbon whiskey, is produced with locally grown corn and wheat and a proprietary yeast strain isolated from a North Texas pecan nut. The latter bourbon is still being aged and will be ready in about a year. But given the North Texas climate, it should produce a bourbon whiskey of distinct provenance.
Tours take place every Saturday at 2pm. They cost $15 per person and there are up to 40 people in the group. It’s cool to see that almost the whole place is made with reclaimed wood and old pipes (look carefully). They personally can only sell two bottles per month to guests (they write down your name) but you can buy as much as you want from their distributors. Bottles cost $35 and the most interesting part for me (since I’m not a Bourbon drinker) is how they handcraft their unique corks with leather and each top in a case (6) is a different color. I can see why people collect the tops.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.