It seems like everyone is paranoid about catching the flu right now, especially while traveling (I know I am). Well, Doctors Report Illness Tracker is a website (and mobile app) that might help ease some nerves, or possibly make them more jittery. The website/app gives users access to doctor’s reports from across the country so that they can manage their exposure to common and potentially serious illnesses by tracking where and when the outbreaks are worst. It was created by Knox Spencer Associates.
Since the information comes directly from almost one million doctor’s offices (all personal information is removed and “de-identified”), the information is supposedly highly accurate, timely, credible, and accessible. Users can instantly find out where the most common and prevalent infectious health risks exist right down to the zip code.
It’s powered by the same data that health providers and others have used to understand and analyze outbreaks of contagious diseases and other spreading health risks. It allows users to track the following diseases: flu, flu A, strep, bronchitis, pneumonia, conjunctivitis, mononucleosis, common cold and cold symptoms, sinusitis, croup, Lyme disease, otitis media or ear infection, MRSA, RSV, and gastroenteritis. And you can break it down by age group: infant, toddler, school age, teen, college age, adult, and older adult.
Of course, no matter what it’s always best to play it safe by washing your hands often, wiping down surfaces with alcohol-based wipes, and keeping your hands away from your face.
For more (including on where bacteria festers at airports), see this post.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.