It seems like everyone is paranoid about catching the flu right now, especially while traveling (I know I am). Well, Doctors Report Illness Tracker is a website (and mobile app) that might help ease some nerves, or possibly make them more jittery. The website/app gives users access to doctor’s reports from across the country so that they can manage their exposure to common and potentially serious illnesses by tracking where and when the outbreaks are worst. It was created by Knox Spencer Associates.
Since the information comes directly from almost one million doctor’s offices (all personal information is removed and “de-identified”), the information is supposedly highly accurate, timely, credible, and accessible. Users can instantly find out where the most common and prevalent infectious health risks exist right down to the zip code.
It’s powered by the same data that health providers and others have used to understand and analyze outbreaks of contagious diseases and other spreading health risks. It allows users to track the following diseases: flu, flu A, strep, bronchitis, pneumonia, conjunctivitis, mononucleosis, common cold and cold symptoms, sinusitis, croup, Lyme disease, otitis media or ear infection, MRSA, RSV, and gastroenteritis. And you can break it down by age group: infant, toddler, school age, teen, college age, adult, and older adult.
Of course, no matter what it’s always best to play it safe by washing your hands often, wiping down surfaces with alcohol-based wipes, and keeping your hands away from your face.
For more (including on where bacteria festers at airports), see this post.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.