More and more airlines are doing away with in-flight entertainment systems to save money on fuel and maintenance. That of course means that passengers need to come more prepared when they fly, either by bringing devices fully loaded with movies, TV shows and books or by downloading the airline’s app to enjoy the entertainment options offered there (American Airlines and United do this, for example).
In both of the above cases you’ll need your own device, and how you position it in your seat makes a big difference. If you don’t like having your phone or tablet low on the tray table or holding it to watch movies on a plane, there’s a device you might be interested in purchasing. The Airhook 2.0 ($27.95) is a two-in-one solution for airplane travel comfort: a stable drink holder and a secure mount for an electronics device. It uses the tray table in its vertical and locked position as an anchor, rather than horizontally across your lap as a platform. It’s 2019’s winner of “Best Design for a Travel Accessory” at the Travel Goods Show and possibly your key to a more comfortable travel experience.
The new features in the 2.0 version include a stabilizer bar that makes setup more secure, a convertible mode where the drink holder folds away when not in use, and a separate device perch for a full range of viewing. And if you want to use a device in the back seat of a car or in the airport, you can also get the Crossbar ($10.95), which allows for the Airhook to fit within a vehicle’s headrest and luggage handlebars. All you need to do is simply extend it to the correct size, lock it into place, and then slide the Airhook’s tray table anchor into the back slot. Below is a 90-second video showing how both products work.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.