Most travelers know that there’s an app for practically everything these days—and even they’ll be excited to learn about this free anti-mosquito app! When I travel—especially to countries where malaria is prevalent—I’m a complete nut trying to prevent mosquito bites since I don’t like to take the anti-malaria pills. Usually I lather up in bug spray, but with this Anti Mosquito app in my arsenal, things just got a lot easier.
Here’s how it works: The app emits a very unique high frequency sound (ultra sound) that the insects dislike, which keeps them away. The even better news is that the pitch of the sound is so high that most humans don’t notice anything at all.
Of course, it doesn’t guarantee 100% protection as there are “about 3,500 known mosquito species in the world and they all react slightly different to the repellent.” But, you can “use the pitch selector to find optimal repelling frequency for the mosquitoes in your region. I’m going to try today! Vogue magazine just quoted them as saying it’s “better than your mother’s homemade mosquito-bite remedies.” And it’s available for both Android and iOS. Sign me up!
Tried it? Let me know how it worked!
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.