For years I’ve been carrying around a tiny picture book in my carry-on bag to use just in case I needed photos to help me communicate with somebody who doesn’t speak English. Out of all my travels, I’ve only had a problem once and would you believe I forgot to pull out the book? I was communicating with a taxi driver in China and my hand gestures of an airplane finally did the trick for the word ‘airport’. Thanks to Image It, I can toss the book and use this in case I ever get stuck and need to use pictographs. There are plenty of apps that help you learn a language and phrases but this one is handy to have on file, too. It only costs $0.99 and it’s available for iPhone and Android. A French company owns it but you can switch the default language to English, Spanish, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese or Arabic.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.