I know many women who are skeptical of using ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft. Heck, I know a lot of men who are, too, especially after all the horror stories on the news. You know there are probably even more horror stories involving taxi drivers, but for some reason the media likes to pick on the ride-sharing apps.
In any case, it’s understandable that women are apprehensive about getting rides as they’re much more vulnerable. My wife is one of those concerned for her safety, which is why she’s excited about Chariot for Women. Chariot for Women, which launched in all 50 states today (April 19), is a taxi company that employs only women drivers and accepts only women and children (males under 13) as passengers. The app was created by Michael Pelletz, a former Uber driver from Boston who realized Uber isn’t always the best option for women. Now, he promises that when your car (chariot) arrives, there will be a woman behind the wheel every single time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.