I know many women who are skeptical of using ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft. Heck, I know a lot of men who are, too, especially after all the horror stories on the news. You know there are probably even more horror stories involving taxi drivers, but for some reason the media likes to pick on the ride-sharing apps.
In any case, it’s understandable that women are apprehensive about getting rides as they’re much more vulnerable. My wife is one of those concerned for her safety, which is why she’s excited about Chariot for Women. Chariot for Women, which launched in all 50 states today (April 19), is a taxi company that employs only women drivers and accepts only women and children (males under 13) as passengers. The app was created by Michael Pelletz, a former Uber driver from Boston who realized Uber isn’t always the best option for women. Now, he promises that when your car (chariot) arrives, there will be a woman behind the wheel every single time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.