One of my favorite ways to get around a city (except Los Angeles) is by using public transportation. The free Citymapper app (it’s available on both Android and iOS) is a huge help in navigating public transit, no matter whether you’re a local or a first-time visitor in a city. It’s available in the cities listed below:
- USA New York City, San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles, Washington DC, Chicago, Boston, Philadelphia
- Canada: Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal
- Asia: Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo
- Europe: London, Manchester, Birmingham, Paris, Lyon, Berlin, Hamburg, Brussels / Belgium, Amsterdam / Randstad, Madrid, Barcelona, Milan, Rome, Lisbon
- Latin America: Mexico City, São Paulo
There’s A-to-B trip planning including all modes—subway, bus, rail, ferry, bike/car sharing, and Uber—and it even includes ETA for your selected route! It has real-time departures, transit maps, line statuses, and real-time disruption alerts.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.