I grew up with dogs (and cats) and all of my siblings still have them. I don’t have any now, since I travel internationally way too much. But if I did have a dog, you can bet that I’d download Finding Rover and register my pooch with this free app’s “revolutionary facial recognition” software.
Finding Rover is great for all dog owners, but it’s especially useful for those that take their animals on trips. Away from home, if Rover gets loose or separated, the animal obviously doesn’t know its surroundings to make its way back—and the owner doesn’t have the help of their neighbors, friends and family in searching.
With Finding Rover, dog owners and people who find a lost dog can take a pic of the dog’s face and upload it. The app will then scan the image, picking up distinctive features and matching them with a database of lost dog faces already uploaded. If there’s a match when a lost dog is found, the contact details for the owner will be included in the appropriate profile. There’s also a “bark button,” which plays back a recorded bark to get your dog—or the stray—to look in your direction.
H/T to wired.co.uk.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.