We all know you can get last-minute hotel rooms at HotelTonight, but did you know there’s now an app for last-minute flights? Yep, there is…sort of. The bad news is airlines don’t discount airfares at the last-minute like hotels do. The good news is that if you have to get away at the very last-minute, or if you’re one of those spontaneous people that likes to fly on a whim, then Flight Tonight may be able to help you find a cheap flight by monitoring airfares found by travel agents for roundtrips departing the SAME DAY.
Just enter your home airport and discover a destination. Flights are updated every second, so results may vary throughout the day.
- It’s free to download
- There are no booking fees
- Prices are roundtrip
- All taxes and fees are included
- Domestic and international destinations are included
- You can book your flight directly from your mobile device
- It’s currently available only for iOS 7
- They have a Facebook page where they highlight each day’s specials
When I tried it out, I didn’t find any deals that were that exciting. You’ll most likely never get incredible savings on last-minute flights to the destination you really want to go since airlines have no incentive to offer them. As this Mashable article points out, “the limited inventory of empty seats, and the lack of incentive for airlines to work on increasing small sources of revenue—like selling a few extra seats—when they can do much better focusing on business travelers and extra fees for baggage and in-flight entertainment.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.