A lot of people are traveling around America this summer, and God forbid someone gets sick or needs some kind of medicine in an unfamiliar place, this is the app to have. GoodRx not only shows you the closest pharmacy to you—wherever you are in the US—but also finds the cheapest pharmacy to pick up prescriptions at in your area. Most Americans don’t know that prescription prices vary wildly from pharmacy to pharmacy, so this app is a hugely helpful in saving you money. Just type in the name of the drug you were prescribed, enter the area code and compare the costs. It’s that simple. It’s free and available on iOS, on Android and in the Amazon store.
Related: For international travelers I recommend downloading the TravelSmart app from Allianz Global Assistance as it lists emergency numbers such as those of the police, fire department and ambulance by destination (911 is not universal). I also love that it has a drug dictionary with international translations in multiple languages. Did you know the international name for Tylenol is Paracetamolum? It also comes with first aid terms translated into multiple languages. TravelSmart is available on both Android and iOS devices for free.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.