Looking for a dependable and affordable car service when you travel? GroundLink, operating in 5,000 cities in 110 countries, might be your answer! I’ve tried them out in NYC and London (two weeks ago) and was impressed with how easy and quick it was to book a car and correspond with their customer service agents. I also loved the fact that they guarantee on-time arrival or your next ride free (“the industry’s only on-time pickup guarantee”). If customers are not picked-up within five minutes of their scheduled time, then their next ride is free (up to $75). You’re also not responsible for paying the driver a tip since it’s included in the price.
Tip: If you order one of their “Economy Class” cars it’s just a few dollars more than a taxi. The Manhattan-JFK trip cost $74 total.
With GroundLink (available for iOS and Android) you can schedule a ride in advance or at the last minute and track your driver every step of the way, right through their mobile GPS tracker app (while waiting or in the car). The only thing I didn’t like was that my driver tried to charge me $10 for an extra stop (never knew there would be a charge in the first place) because when we got in the car I told him I was going to the Delta and Natalie was going to American Airlines at JFK. But halfway into the trip I told him to just drop us both at American so I could spend more time with my wife (aww!) and take the AirTrain, which I did. When I noticed the extra charge on my bill I immediately emailed GroundLink and they took it off.
15% off with promo code JOHNNYJET
JohnnyJet readers simply need to enter promo code JOHNNYJET at checkout to receive a 15% discount when they book online at groundlink.com. They can also use the invitation code JOHNNYJET when they download the GroundLink app to receive $15 off of their ride for new users. Both the invitation code and promo code can be used together. Both offers are only valid one time per customer through the end of September 2015.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.