I’m a huge fan of AAA and been a member for over a decade. It’s a huge help when you’re in a bind on the road. However, I know some of my friends—especially the younger ones—aren’t really into paying a yearly membership fee (I only pay $48 a year). If you fall in that category, or simply don’t have AAA, check out the new HONK app, which could help you big time if you ever need a tow.
HONK is similar to Uber—but instead of a car service, it provides direct access to towing, tire changes, jumpstarts, help when you’re locked out, and fuel service. Once you’ve downloaded the free app (for iPhone and Android), all you have to do is press a button when you’re stranded to access the fast (in urban areas), 15-30 minute ETAs (they claim 50% faster than AAA) service they promise. Prices (for assistance when you need it) are guaranteed as low as $49 and there are no membership fees—and no cash, tips, tax or haggling necessary. HONK is available nationwide with more than 20,000 trucks at your service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Next time you have vehicle trouble, just HONK for help.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.