If you have an iPhone or iPad, you should probably download Meerkat (if you haven’t already). I just returned from SXSW in Austin and this was the app everyone was talking about (here’s TechCrunch’s write-up)—especially since Twitter tried to pull the plug on it. Meerkat allows anyone with an iOS device (there’s also an unofficial Android version) to instantly (or schedule) livestream through their phone. If you thought it was cool to Skype or FaceTime with your friends or family members, wait until you livestream to the people you’re connected with.
All you do is sync Meerkat with your Twitter account so when you go live, it tweets out to announce that you are livestreaming to all of your Twitter followers. You can see how many people tune in, their comments and the number of likes you get. What it won’t do is let your followers view a rerun; it has to be live. But users can save their videos to their phones if they like, and in a real sense Meerkat could revolutionize the way we consume live events. I bet the pay-per-view folks are a little worried that people won’t pay to watch a big boxing match with people in the audience Meerkat-ing.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.