If you have an iPhone or iPad, you should probably download Meerkat (if you haven’t already). I just returned from SXSW in Austin and this was the app everyone was talking about (here’s TechCrunch’s write-up)—especially since Twitter tried to pull the plug on it. Meerkat allows anyone with an iOS device (there’s also an unofficial Android version) to instantly (or schedule) livestream through their phone. If you thought it was cool to Skype or FaceTime with your friends or family members, wait until you livestream to the people you’re connected with.
All you do is sync Meerkat with your Twitter account so when you go live, it tweets out to announce that you are livestreaming to all of your Twitter followers. You can see how many people tune in, their comments and the number of likes you get. What it won’t do is let your followers view a rerun; it has to be live. But users can save their videos to their phones if they like, and in a real sense Meerkat could revolutionize the way we consume live events. I bet the pay-per-view folks are a little worried that people won’t pay to watch a big boxing match with people in the audience Meerkat-ing.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.