The TSA (Transportation Security Administration) has come out with a free app that’s available on Android and iPhone. The app’s features include “Can I Bring_____?”—which lets users can type in an item they plan to bring on a trip to find out if it is permitted or prohibited, and whether they should pack it in carry-on or checked bags. If the item isn’t in the app’s current database, the user can submit it for consideration.
Users can find out which airports and terminals have TSA PreCheck, and there’s also a guide that has the most frequently requested information like info for passengers traveling with children; acceptable forms of ID; the 3-1-1 rule for liquids, gels and aerosols; information for travelers with disabilities, medical conditions or medical devices; tips for dressing and packing to speed through security; tips for military members; and information on traveling with food and gifts.
There’s also an Airport Status feature where users can see which airports are experiencing general delays (not flight-specific) or search for conditions at a specific airport. Airport status information is provided by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and airport weather information is provided by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA).
My favorite part of the app is the Security Wait Times which gives passengers the ability to post their checkpoint wait time and see what wait times other passengers have posted across different U.S. airports. This real-time information can help passengers make sure they arrive at the airport on time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.