In the past I’ve been a huge fan of HotelTonight, the app that finds you hotel rooms for that night. HotelTonight has been updated so you can now book ahead, but there are only so many hotels in a city—especially a small one—and if there’s a convention or bad weather, your options are even more limited. So, what should you do? Check out Overnight, which was the talk of SXSW and is currently only available on iOS. “Overnight is for Tonight.” That’s their tagline. And: “Live on your own schedule and book same-day stays with local hosts.” Use it across your town or when you’re far from home, and it may just help you out big-time.
How it works:
- Request a place to stay — Just set your location and say what brings you to town.
- Put your phone away — They’ll notify you when hosts respond with a place for you.
- Get responses from hosts — When a host is matched, you’ll be notified immediately. Several hosts can respond, but you should book quickly before your options get booked up by others.
- Pay safely through the app.
- Review your host and be on with your travels.
What makes it cool:
- They specialize in booking same-day, last-minute accommodations from local hosts.
- Rent *ANY* extra space you have to travelers.
- If you see a listing, that means the host has seen your profile and approved your request. You can then book them instantly. You won’t see places that aren’t available that night.
- Verified users! Users can verify with their Facebook, phone number, ID, and credit card. You can even see what mutual friends you have with them.
- Feel at ease with 24-hour customer support.
- Make money, make friends, make your own schedule.
- Rent any extra space you have and make extra cash.
- Keep your listing private until you respond to a traveler’s request. Only approved guests can ever see your place.
- List your extra bedrooms, apartment, yurt, futon, airstreams, mansions, or bean bag.
- Even list your extra space at Coachella or SXSW.
- Decide each day whether you want to host travelers. Own your schedule.
- Fill cancellations or other last-minute openings
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.