Periscope is my new favorite app! It’s Twitter’s response to Meerkat, which I wrote about a few weeks ago. Both apps allow users to live-stream, and although, I don’t agree with Twitter’s tactics in blocking Meerkat, I don’t know if I can really blame them.
All I know is that when I now use Meerkat, I get only a handful of users, but when I go live on Periscope I get hundreds, if not thousands. It’s an amazing way to share your travels—or to watch someone else’s. So far I’ve taken my followers on a stroll down Banff Avenue in Alberta, Canada; a tour through Billy Bob’s (the world’s largest Honky Tonk) in Fort Worth, Texas; and a live-streaming southern California sunset.
It’s crazy how fast people get online from all corners of the world. It’s so cool to see people say hi from Australia, Italy, Japan, or even down the street. You can see viewers’ comments right on the screen so it’s easy to answer questions. Even with the few random freaks that come it, it’s by far the most fun way to share your travels.
Periscope saves your videos for 24 hours, but after you stop broadcasting (just swipe down from the top) you have the option to save it to your camera roll. Periscope will also give you a report at the end and I took a screenshot of one of mine (above), which shows you how long you streamed for, how many people logged on and the retention percentage.
If you want to follow me on Periscope, my handle is @JohnnyJet (same as my Twitter handle).
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.