Looking for a quick and easy app for general tipping advice? Piper (iOS only for now) offers the USA, UK, Canada, Italy, and France for free. If you want more countries, you can add them, too—but you have to pay for them. They offer advice for 75 countries in total, and you can buy them all for $4.99.
Alternatively, you can do what I just did and pay $0.99 per region. I just added all the Scandinavian countries since I’m going to Sweden this week. It’s good to know—as I now do thanks to Piper—that you only tip 5-10% in Swedish restaurants and never more than that, even for exceptional service. I also learned that should also not tip taxi drivers except to round up the fare. There’s also handy tip calculator for a quick calculation of the tip.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.