I’m not sure if you knew it, but I used to be afraid to fly. How I got over it is a long story but one thing that helped was looking at the statistics and realizing flying is by far the safest mode of modern transportation. According to a study, the odds of the average American dying in a plane crash are one in 11 million while the odds of dying in a car accident are one in 5,000. When there is a plane crash, the news outlets love to cover it, which naturally instills fear in us.
Another thing that people don’t realize is that even if a plane does crash, it’s not always a death sentence, and knowing some life-saving tips could help save your life. The new free app Prepare for Impact (developed in Italy but in English) simulates a variety of airborne emergencies from water landings to runway overruns in the hope that it will help users survive a catastrophe. Prepare for Impact is available for both iOS and Android.
What do you think? Too freaky to watch or worth the time?
H/T to Time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.