I’m not sure if you knew it, but I used to be afraid to fly. How I got over it is a long story but one thing that helped was looking at the statistics and realizing flying is by far the safest mode of modern transportation. According to a study, the odds of the average American dying in a plane crash are one in 11 million while the odds of dying in a car accident are one in 5,000. When there is a plane crash, the news outlets love to cover it, which naturally instills fear in us.
Another thing that people don’t realize is that even if a plane does crash, it’s not always a death sentence, and knowing some life-saving tips could help save your life. The new free app Prepare for Impact (developed in Italy but in English) simulates a variety of airborne emergencies from water landings to runway overruns in the hope that it will help users survive a catastrophe. Prepare for Impact is available for both iOS and Android.
What do you think? Too freaky to watch or worth the time?
H/T to Time.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.