Have some free time at the airport? On a train or bus? QuizUp is an incredibly addicting (and free) interactive trivia app that’s currently being downloaded more than 130,000 times a day. Since its launch on November 7, it has taken hold of pretty much everyone who’s played it (as this BuzzFeed piece explains).
QuizUp lets you play quick, 7-question trivia games against real people in more than 250 categories, from “World Geography” to “Game of Thrones.” The Geography categories are perfect for travelers (challenge our editor in any of these—his username is Ian Livingston), and are a great way to test your knowledge of the world.
The interface is beautiful and easy, and the games are quick enough to be perfect time-wasters even for those with short attention spans (or short layover times, etc.). You can compete against friends, or let the app match you with another player from around the world—either way, you’re playing in real time and earning points towards upgrades with every game. Play in the airport, or on the train, or anywhere else. It’s fun and addicting and you just might pick up some knowledge along the way.
QuizUp is available for iPhone only for now but an Android version is on the way.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.