Seateroo is an app that hopes to help solve the problem of those stuck with a middle seat or in Southwest’s C boarding group. It could be a new way to get a better seat on a plane. To use it, passengers just download the Seateroo app to see if there’s another passenger on their flight that’s willing to swap their seat for a fee. The cheapest price that can be set is $5 but I highly doubt anyone would sell for that low.
The app is supposed to launch in late 2015, which means this week. But I’m betting it will be January 2016 or later. It’s free to use but the Southern California creators do take a 15% fee of the seller’s price.
I think it’s a fun idea but can’t see it getting off the ground since the chance of having multiple people on your plane using this app is slim to none. For now, the best way to get a better seat is to pay for it—either straight to the airline or to a passenger once onboard.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.