Last week while filming promotional videos for LAXisHappening.com, I noticed a guy wearing a purple T-shirt that read “Skurt rental cars,” or something like that. Since I wasn’t familiar with Skurt, I immediately looked it up on my phone and found that it’s another genius service targeted at millennials, but that any traveler would love.
Skurt—a rental car service—is similar to SilverCar in its approach. The major difference between the two is that instead of renting one kind of car like SilverCar (new silver Audi A4s), Skurt lets users rent a variety of cars, including many that you’d find at a major car rental service. And unlike most major car rental services, Skurt makes cars much easier to rent, pick up and drop off—because you can do it all with a few taps on your phone. As Skurt says, there’s “no lines, paperwork, or hassle.” It also uses state-of-the-art tools to verify your identity within the app to save time.
Currently Skurt cars are only available at LAX (Los Angeles International Airport) and for iOS users. The car choices currently listed on the app—which is laid out similar to Uber—are (from left to right): “Solid,” a Toyota Corolla and available this week for $76 a day; “Luxe” a Mercedes-Benz for $79; “SUV” (a Toyota RAV4) for $49; and/or “Convertible” (a Ford Mustang or “equally awesome”) for $79.
I love its no-hassle approach and way of thinking: “Say goodbye to paperwork,” and “No waiting in line or sweaty shuttle bus.” Skurt is sure to be a hit with millennials since it carries no underage fees or outrageous gas markup fees.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.