If you’re afraid to fly or an aviation geek, you’ll want to download this brand new app called SkyGuru to learn all about your flight. It’s available on iOS only and supposedly predicts and explains the whole flying process, unfamiliar sounds and even your feelings using sensors on your iPhone. According to Travel + Leisure: “Using the phone’s built-in sensors—a microphone, gyroscope, compass, accelerometer, barometer—and professional aviation weather forecasts, the app provides information to passengers about what might make things go bump in the flight.”
Before you get on your flight, you download the app and input your flight info. The app then downloads the professional aeronautic information and uses complicated mathematical models to give you up-to-date info even if there’s no Wi-Fi onboard and/or your phone is in airplane mode.
SkyGuru was developed by a team of experts including pilots, fear-of-flying therapists and software engineers. It currently costs $6.99 but rumor has it tomorrow (September 15) the price will go up to $16.99 or users will be able to use a free version and pay for it as they go with prices starting at $3.99 per flight.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.