STAYconnect (for iPhone and Android) is a must-download for germaphobes (me), anyone who can’t figure out how to work the TV remote control (my dad) and those that want to find the channel of the network they’re looking for lickety-split. The app lets you use your smartphone as a TV remote, and it’s free to download and easy to use.
Once you open it up, STAYconnect will ask for the code to your hotel TV. When I tried it (see video above), I had no idea where to get the code so I hit the big question mark at the bottom and was told to press the menu button on the remote. I did that, and then the TV directed mobile users (me) to press the numeral one. I did and a six-digit code popped up. I entered it into my phone, and voila! I was then connected and controlling the hotel remote from my iPhone. Once you’re synced, you can not only change the channel, but adjust the volume and power the whole thing on or off, as well. I turned the TV on from about a hundred yards down the hall. Only one device can be connected at a time but it’s easy to kick the last person off.
Watch my video above for more.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.