STAYconnect (for iPhone and Android) is a must-download for germaphobes (me), anyone who can’t figure out how to work the TV remote control (my dad) and those that want to find the channel of the network they’re looking for lickety-split. The app lets you use your smartphone as a TV remote, and it’s free to download and easy to use.
Once you open it up, STAYconnect will ask for the code to your hotel TV. When I tried it (see video above), I had no idea where to get the code so I hit the big question mark at the bottom and was told to press the menu button on the remote. I did that, and then the TV directed mobile users (me) to press the numeral one. I did and a six-digit code popped up. I entered it into my phone, and voila! I was then connected and controlling the hotel remote from my iPhone. Once you’re synced, you can not only change the channel, but adjust the volume and power the whole thing on or off, as well. I turned the TV on from about a hundred yards down the hall. Only one device can be connected at a time but it’s easy to kick the last person off.
Watch my video above for more.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.