A few weeks ago I participated in the Alaska Media Roadshow in Santa Barbara. The two-day conference took place at the beautiful and historic Four Seasons Biltmore. During the marketplace a bunch of journalists go around to table after table of Alaskan tour operators in 15-minute intervals so it’s speed dating for work. One of the coolest things I took away from that day was The Alaska App. It’s free and full of all kinds of incredible features like:
- It’s great for pre-trip planning and during-trip guidance
- GPS-triggered guide to thousands of points of interest: sights & activities, lodging, dining/nightlife, shopping, trails, camping, fishing, and little-known wildlife viewing locations
- Original content also includes 200 cinematic videos, thousands of photos, and hundreds of audio guides in which bush pilots, park rangers, and wilderness guides tell you about their favorite places
- Most features work even where there’s no cell service
- It’s highly-rated
- View more than 600 weather cams throughout Alaska, updated every 10 minutes
- Get live weather conditions and forecasts for over 500 locations
- Sunrise/sunset calculator to plan Midnight Sun activities
- Send ePostcards using their professional images or take your own pictures
- User posts: Share wildlife sightings and other discoveries in real-time and browse other travelers’ posts
- Live events feed to performances and local festivals around Alaska
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.