I discovered this app walking the tradeshow floor of the GBTA conference last week in San Diego, and it’s brilliant (and should make everyone’s foreign travels that much easier). TripLingo allows you to translate your voice into the local language when you’re traveling. It also teaches you essential phrases, gives you a crash course in the local culture and even offers the option of talking to a live translator for when you really get stuck. No wonder this app was named the “2012 Business Travel Innovation of the Year” by Fast Company.
TripLingo has voice-to-voice translation, over 1,200 phrases per language (including slang!), a 10,000-word offline dictionary, customized phrase lists suited to your needs, built-in flashcards, and over 2,000 high-quality audio files per language.
The free version comes with the basics in: Spanish, French, Italian, German, Portuguese, Mandarin, Japanese, Korean, Hindi, Hebrew, and Castilian Spanish. While you get the basics for free, you can purchase full language packs (starting at $4.99) which give you access to all 1,200+ phrases per language and more. TripLingo is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, and requires iOS 5.0 or later. You can find it on iTunes here.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.