On Thursday I taped a travel tech segment for Leo Laporte’s The New Screen Savers show. I gave Megan, the host, a list of my favorite travel apps and when she saw Stay Connect on there, she asked if it was the app that can play the sound of muted TVs in airport lounges through a phone. I was like, “What?!” I had no idea there was such an app until I got back to my hotel and did some research. Sure enough, there’s a free app (available on both Android and iOS), called Tunity, that allows you to hear any TV directly on your device. It’s perfect for travelers who find muted TVs in airports, gyms and bars.
Tunity (free for iOS and Android) works with live TV broadcasts only and they currently support over 100 channels (more coming soon). I tested it with my hotel TV and the local San Francisco news wasn’t one of the supported channels (though Tunity does have a bunch of other local stations). I then tried CNN and sure enough, it worked! You must be within close proximity of the television to access streamed audio. All you do is point your phone with the app open toward the TV to scan it, and voila! If the audio is not perfectly in sync with the TV, you can use the button labeled “Fine Tune Audio Sync” at the bottom of the screen to adjust the stream delay/latency. Make sure you toggle on location services/GPS and click “Agree” if you get a location permissions pop-up.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.