Uber is basically an on-demand private driver or taxi. Users can request a ride at any time using their iPhone, Android or Windows app. Just set your pickup location on the map or type in the address and they’ll dispatch the nearest driver to pick you or your loved one up (I arrange Ubers all the time for my dad even when he’s halfway around the world). You’ll then see the estimated arrival time and get a text when the car arrives.
You don’t need to pay anything to the driver because after the ride, Uber will automatically charge the credit card you have on file. Prices start with a base fare. After that, they charge you depending on speed and distance. Black cars cost more than taxis but uberXs are about 30% cheaper—and both are much more convenient as you can order a car with the tap of a button, as well as see exactly where the car is and when it will arrive.
I prefer using uberXs when available since its cars are so much cheaper than taxis. For example, I was staying at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, from which a taxi to SFO costs about $55, and uberX cost me just $34. Plus, all the drivers were nice, had clean cars, were good drivers and provided bottled water.
For $5 off: Use this link to get $5 off your first ride (I will also get $5 off).
- 10 Uber Tips That Will Totally Improve Your Next Experience
- How to Check Your Uber Rating
- Why I Got Banned From Uber and How to Fix the Problem
- How to See If Uber or Lyft is Available in Your Destination
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.