UrbanBuddy is a handy app that allows travelers to get almost instantaneous help from locals, who answer questions about your selected city (live in Chicago and New York). UrbanBuddy can answer questions like, “What should I do in this rainy weather?” and, “What is the best pizza place on the Upper East Side?” I asked the latter question and a woman name Jeannette B. responded within two minutes. Her answer? “Gotham Pizza at 1443 York Avenue.” It’s pretty cool to be able to get an answer that quickly from a local.
I’m not sure how they make money since it was free, but I’m guessing it’s with UrbanBuddy’s concierge service, through which they can make reservations for you (I didn’t get any hard or easy sells). For now, UrbanBuddy is only available for iOS in English, Basque, Chinese, Czech, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, and Vietnamese.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.