Venmo has been around for a little while now—and if you’re not yet familiar, I suggest you give it a look. Venmo lets you make and share payments—securely—with just a few taps of your phone. There are no charges or fees, so any money that you send or receive is transferred in full. And the app is free for iOS and Android.
Say you go out to dinner with friends and you can’t split the bill, so one of your friends puts the total on his or her card. With Venmo, you can clear your debt immediately. You just pull up the app, select your friend (as long as they have Venmo, though many people do), choose the amount and hit send—and you’ve just transferred the amount you owe, in real money, to your friend. It’s easy and safe (here’s a note on security) to link your bank account, but if you prefer, you can simply use the Venmo balance you rack up to pay others.
You can add a note saying what the transfer is for, which is always fun. But most of all, it’s a pretty handy tool both at home and on the road.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.