Venmo has been around for a little while now—and if you’re not yet familiar, I suggest you give it a look. Venmo lets you make and share payments—securely—with just a few taps of your phone. There are no charges or fees, so any money that you send or receive is transferred in full. And the app is free for iOS and Android.
Say you go out to dinner with friends and you can’t split the bill, so one of your friends puts the total on his or her card. With Venmo, you can clear your debt immediately. You just pull up the app, select your friend (as long as they have Venmo, though many people do), choose the amount and hit send—and you’ve just transferred the amount you owe, in real money, to your friend. It’s easy and safe (here’s a note on security) to link your bank account, but if you prefer, you can simply use the Venmo balance you rack up to pay others.
You can add a note saying what the transfer is for, which is always fun. But most of all, it’s a pretty handy tool both at home and on the road.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get complimentary access to DashPass which unlocks $0 delivery fees and lower service fees for a minimum of one year when you activate by December 31, 2024.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.