Having trouble sleeping while you travel? I recently met a frequent traveler that swears by an app called White Noise (which costs $1.99). It’s supposedly recommended by Dr. Oz as a miracle for better sleep. According to the site, even when you’re asleep, your brain is constantly scanning and listening for sounds. If it’s too quiet, unwanted noises such as faucet drips or police sirens can interrupt. White Noise generates sounds over a wide range of frequencies, masking those noise interruptions so you can not only fall asleep, but stay asleep.
There are numerous benefits to using White Noise:
- Helps you sleep by blocking distractions
- Relaxes and reduces stress
- Pacifies fussy and crying babies
- Increases focus while enhancing privacy
- Soothes headaches and migraines
- Masks ringing of the ears
White Noise’s sound catalog includes: Air Conditioner, Airplane Travel, Amazon Jungle, Beach Waves Crashing, Blowing Wind, Blue Noise, Boat Swaying in Water, Brown Noise, Camp Fire, Cars Driving, Cat Purring, Chimes Chiming, City Streets, Clothes Dryer, Crickets Chirping, Crowded Room, Dish Washer, Extreme Rain Pouring, Frogs at Night, Grandfather Clock, Hair Dryer Blowing, Heartbeat, Heavy Rain Pouring, Light Rain with Birds, Ocean Waves Crashing, Oscillating Fan, Pink Noise, Rain on Car Roof, Rain Storm, Running Shower, Running Water, Stream Water Flowing, Thunder Storm, Tibetan Singing Bowl, Train Ride, Vacuum Cleaner, Violet Noise, Water Dripping, Water Sprinkler and White Noise.
And the app features:
- 40+ perfectly looped sounds with additional free sounds from the White Noise Market at http://whitenoisemarket.com/
- Background audio support so you can use other apps while listening
- Create new soundscapes by mixing multiple noises together like a DJ with support for adjusting volume, balance, and pitch of each individual sound in the mix
- Full screen digital clock with multiple colors and brightness controls makes it the perfect companion for any nightstand
- Advanced alarm and timer system that slowly fades audio in and out so you awake naturally feeling more refreshed
- On-screen media player and volume controls with swipe gesture support for navigating sound collection
- Star favorite sounds and mixes in the sound catalog for quick access using the Favorite view
- Use iPod Music as alarms that slowly fade in so you wake refreshed
- AirPlay sounds to Bluetooth devices or Apple TV
- iPhone 5 and Retina display support
- Control White Noise from Lock Screen or using headphones with remote control buttons
- Create timed playlists of sounds and mixes
- Advanced Settings let you adjust sound volume, balance, pitch, mixing with iPod music, looping the playlist, custom alarm snooze times, and more
- Record and generate custom noises with in-app purchases
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.