I eat out a lot—maybe too often—and that’s not uncommon for a business traveler. One of the things that irks me when dining out, especially when I’m pressed for time, is having to wait around—first to get seated, then for the waiter to take my order, then for the food to come out, and finally to pay the bill. I know it’s a first-world problem. Well, thanks to app All Set Now (for Android and iOS), those annoyances might soon be disappearing—especially in San Francisco and now New York City, where the app has over 200 restaurants signed up.
All Set Now-partnered eateries allow users to browse their menus, order food, choose their dining time, and pay the check (including tip) all in advance using a phone. That way, when they arrive to the restaurant, they won’t have to wait around. It’s perfect for those on the run. You can even invite your friends/colleagues to join, which means in addition to everything else, you can split your bills.
The tag line is “No more waiting for a table, food and check. In-and-out in under 30 minutes. Delicious meals.” I can’t wait until they expand to Los Angeles.
Note: I tried signing up and went through all the steps, but I never received my text with the four number access code. I wonder if it’s because I have a 310 number?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.