I eat out a lot—maybe too often—and that’s not uncommon for a business traveler. One of the things that irks me when dining out, especially when I’m pressed for time, is having to wait around—first to get seated, then for the waiter to take my order, then for the food to come out, and finally to pay the bill. I know it’s a first-world problem. Well, thanks to app All Set Now (for Android and iOS), those annoyances might soon be disappearing—especially in San Francisco and now New York City, where the app has over 200 restaurants signed up.
All Set Now-partnered eateries allow users to browse their menus, order food, choose their dining time, and pay the check (including tip) all in advance using a phone. That way, when they arrive to the restaurant, they won’t have to wait around. It’s perfect for those on the run. You can even invite your friends/colleagues to join, which means in addition to everything else, you can split your bills.
The tag line is “No more waiting for a table, food and check. In-and-out in under 30 minutes. Delicious meals.” I can’t wait until they expand to Los Angeles.
Note: I tried signing up and went through all the steps, but I never received my text with the four number access code. I wonder if it’s because I have a 310 number?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.