If you’re planning on renting a car from any of these airports—Austin (AUS), Chicago (ORD), Dallas Love (DAL), Dallas Ft. Worth (DFW), Denver (DEN), Ft. Lauderdale (FLL), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), Phoenix (PHX), Washington Dulles (ORD), and San Francisco (SFO)—then I recommend you try out Silvercar. The short reason: No lines, no paperwork, and premium features at no extra cost.
I like what I’ve seen so far, and in fact I’ve just reserved a car. It took me less than a minute to reserve a car and about two minutes to create an account (had to input my name, address, and credit card and driver’s license info). Then I received this email which I think explains a lot:
We have been preparing for over a year to bring something new and fresh to airport car rental and we hope you like the result. We know you’re tired of mediocre car rental service. Believe us, so are we. We are frequent travelers just like you and we don’t like to wait. Period. So that’s why we’ve designed the experience to eliminate all of those “ugh” moments and put you in control. We hope that instead of saying “ugh”; you’ll say “wow”. That’s our goal.
Since we’re different from the other guys, it’s probably best if we explain how Silvercar works. We’ll try to be brief – we know you have places to go and things to do.
- First you need to have a Smartphone (pretty sure that isn’t a problem…).
- Next, download the Silvercar app on your phone.
- Fire it up and create both a profile and reservation (if you haven’t already). – Input your flight details so that we can change the reservation if you’re delayed.
Then, once you arrive at Silvercar at your destination…
- Catch the Rental Car Shuttle to get to our suite or, at some locations, we will pick you up curbside. Check your confirmation email or the Silvercar smartphone app for specifics at your location.
- Assuming your profile information is complete, a Silvercar concierge will verify your driver’s license and credit card on first rental.
- Your reservation is started by scanning the QR code on the driver’s side windshield of your Audi.
That’s it! Insert key, sync your phone if you’d like, and GO.
Oh, and there will be friendly Silvercar concierges around to help if you need them.
Now the real reason to rent from Silvercar is that you get a world-class Audi A4 every time. That’s right, a silver Audi A4. Yes, it’s the only car in their fleet, so no more “take-what’s-left” at the car rental counter. What’s even cooler is that the car syncs with your phone to offer you a world-class experience.
Here are several important features that come complimentary with your Silvercar (straight from the horse’s mouth):
- Navigation system. Yes, it’s free. It’s not an upcharge. All Silvercars come with a multimedia navigation system in the car that’s ready and waiting.
- SiriusXM satellite radio. Yes, another “standard” feature of our Silvercars. (We really don’t like the word “standard” but in our case it really means “free” so we’ll go with it.)
- Wi-fi hot spot. Your Silvercar provides you with free wi-fi. Now you can download that huge file without having to hit the local coffee shop before your meeting.
- Bluetooth pairing. Pair your smartphone with your car for hands-free calling and listening to music from your phone.
- Toll tracking. At Silvercar, toll tracking is free. When you enter the car rental return area, we remotely search for toll fees associated with your Audi A4 and bill them to your account. We don’t charge any usage fees. We just pass on the tolls that you used – nothing else.
- Audi quattro all-wheel drive. Ready for all weather conditions.
- Leather seats. Just like your car back home.
- Road-side safety assistance. Your Silvercar includes road-side safety at no extra charge.
All this sound pretty darn good, wouldn’t you say? And they aren’t that much more expensive then the guys who charge you almost the same price for a compact car and no additional extras. Bottom line if you are looking to drive a luxury car with all the bells and whistles for not that more money then give Silvercar a shot. 25 years or older.
Referral program: Get $50 off
Silvercar just (April 6, 2015) created a code for Johnny Jet readers! Use the promo code below for $50 off your first Silvercar rental (must be at least a two-day rental to qualify):
Promo code for $50 off: JohnnyJet
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.