SmartGuide, as its website says, “turns your smart phone into a private guide.” The app, which is free to download for Android (not iPhone yet), offers users access to a large selection of GPS-triggered, information-rich guides to cities, destinations and more—all across the world. Each guide costs money (99 cents all the way up to $40), but you choose what you want to pay for. In almost all cases, the guides are cheaper and easier to access than human tour guides, and at the very least, SmartGuide provides, for free, a catalog of alternatives if you’re interested in knowing more about or exploring a new place. All can be downloaded over Wi-Fi for offline use.
The coolest part of SmartGuide, however, may be the fact that you can use the voice recorder and GPS on your phone to build your own guide to whatever you like. In a few easy steps, you can publish a guide to a place or attraction and, with SmartGuide’s help, sell it to other users for a profit.
Have you tried SmartGuide? What did you think?
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Our best offer ever! Earn 100,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,250 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 100,000 points are worth $1,250 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.