One of my favorite apps for traveling is Uber. Not only do I no longer have to ride in dirty, cramped cars with rude drivers; with Uber, I also save over 40% on each ride. Thanks to Uber (and Lyft), I rarely have to rent cars anymore.
Well, one of my big beefs with Uber is that you can’t schedule a ride, and so you don’t always know if a car will be close by or even available or surging in price when you need one. New app TaxiLater alleviates one of those problems as it allows users to pre-book Uber rides. It’s easy to use. Just download the free iOS app, sign in to your Uber account and allow the app to access your location. Then, select your drop-off and pick-up locations and the time you want the Uber to arrive at your location—and that’s that.
Good to know: If you want to cancel a request with TaxiLater, just tap the top-right button to see all pending requests. Slide any to the left and you’ll see a delete/cancel option. If Uber is surging, you’ll be asked to confirm the higher rate before they book your ride. All payment is handled by Uber.
- 10 Uber Tips That Will Totally Improve Your Next Experience
- Why I Got Banned From Uber and How to Fix the Problem
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.