“It was Devin Galaudet’s job to take the ashes and pour them into the waters of Cadiz, Spain after his father’s death. Carrying them across Spain by car, train, and backpack, this was their swan song, their “buddy picture” come to life. Half a mile from the Mediterranean, though, Devin lost his father’s ashes. Standing in the middle of a windy cobblestone street in Old Town Cadiz, he wondered what the hell just happened―not just in that moment, but the forty years prior.
“This is a wild-eyed history of secret family stories that includes fifty stolen cars, sacred African fertility dolls, a Darth Vader mask–wearing junkie, a mysterious secret family, a Playboy magazine found in a sewer hidden next to toilet paper wrapped downers, a Vegas hooker with one impressive breast, a hero’s journey, and traveling across the world with a black jug that contained his father in a rolling suitcase.
“A wickedly funny memoir that is part adventure and part tender reminiscence, 10,000 Miles with My Dead Father’s Ashes will make you laugh, cry, and yearn for your own Spanish adventure.”
Grab it: Grab “10,000 Miles with My Dead Father’s Ashes” by Devin Galaudet on Amazon from $12.16.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.