This week I’m featuring a book from Bruce Northam—a friend and frequent contributor—that I somehow have never written up on the site. “The Directions to Happiness: A 135-Country Quest for Life Lessons” was published back in 2014 to great reviews, including this one from Travel + Leisure: “By the end of the book, you like the author, you believe him, and you’ve had a fun ride–because this is no namby-pamby travelogue.”
The book is a collection of stories and reflections from Bruce’s travels through 135 countries. His energy, open-mindedness, and approach to life and travel shine through the pages (just at they do on the walking tours he leads through NYC’s Lower East Side). Check it out!
Grab it: Grab “The Directions to Happiness: A 135-Country Quest for Life Lessons” by Bruce Northam on Amazon for $14.99.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.