If you or someone you know is old school or a nervous/forgetful traveler, this 92-page (3.25″ x 6.75″) hardbound book might be a game-changer. “The Essential Checklist for Smart Travelers“—released at the end of 2019—comes from Godfrey Harris, a Los Angeles public policy consultant who once served in the U.S. Foreign Service, and travel and tourism consultant Kenneth Katz. The two joined forces to create a resource they thought could help many travelers.
The seeds of the project were planted when Harris began creating checklists for his future trips, after forgetting things like headphones and extra shoes on earlier ones. “When he discussed his forgetfulness with [Katz],” per the press release, “they decided to expand the idea of a single checklist into comprehensive help for other absentminded travelers. Nothing, they vowed, should ever again be left behind, at home or at hotels.
The book is “packed with helpful notes based on decades of international travel and — most important — 13 forms that allow a traveler to keep track of everything from getting a pre-trip haircut to planning the amount of medicine needed for the days away and contingencies. Readers are encouraged to photocopy the forms for repeated use.”
“The Essential Checklist For Smart Travelers” by Godfrey Harris and Kenneth M. Katz ($9.99 on Amazon)
Here’s the book’s description direct from Amazon:
“A new kind of reference book to help readers determine what they need to have with them on holiday, business, personal and emergency trips and to ensure that nothing intended to be taken or brought home gets inadvertently left behind.”
- “National Geographic Atlas of the National Parks” by Jon Waterman
- “Airline Maps: A Century of Art and Design” by Mark Ovenden and Maxwell Roberts
- “Wild Life” by Keena Roberts
- “1,000 Places to See Before You Die: The World as You’ve Never Seen It Before” by Patricia Schultz
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.