If you or a loved one like visiting film and TV show locations, you’ll want to pick up a copy of Lonely Planet’s “Film and TV Locations: A Spotter’s Guide.” It features places where iconic scenes were shot from over 101 movies and television series including Planet of the Apes, Star Trek and Game of Thrones. The book transports readers around the globe to remote corners and “galaxies far, far away” like Trevi Fountain in La Dolce Vita or the Skellig Islands in Ireland seen in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. This guide will inspire film and travel lovers alike.
- The Martian (2015) – Wadi Rum, Jordan
- Into the Wild (2007) – Salvation Mountain, California
- The Shining (1980) – Timberline Lodge, Mount Hood, Oregon
- Rebel Without a Cause (1955) – Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles
- Pan’s Labyrinth (2006) – Belchite, Zaragoza, Spain
- Indian Jones and the Last Crusade (1989) – Al-Khazneh, Petra, Jordan
- The Motorcycle Diaries (2004) – Machu Picchu, Peru
- The Goonies (1985) – Astoria, Oregon
- Moonrise Kingdom (2012) – Conanicut Island Light, Rhode Island
- The Princess Bride (1987) – The Cliffs of Moher, Ireland
- The Revenant (2015) – Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada
- Planet of the Apes (1968) – Westward Beach, Point Dume, Malibu
- The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) – Ischia, Gulf of Naples, Italy
Grab it: Grab Lonely Planet‘s “Film and TV Locations: A Spotter’s Guide” on Amazon from $9.92.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.