This week, I’m featuring “Going Local: Experiences and Encounters on the Road” by Nicholas Kontis. From Amazon:
“Today’s traveler seeks authentic experiences, not just viewing awesome sites, taking must-see photo opportunities, and checking an item off of a bucket list. Today’s modern day explorers seek immersion, wisdom and better and greater understanding of people and places. Real life experiences are compelling people to travel and bridge cultures together. Travel opens us up to the wonders of the world, and to the serendipitous occurrences when different cultures merge. At the forefront of any journey, travel begins with people and protecting local society and wilderness. It’s a powerful lesson that cannot be learned staying home viewing travel shows on television.
Included in the book are:
- Ways to become part of the peer to peer, sharing economy, experiential travel movement.
- Case studies in living overseas, seeking out culture through local cuisine and
sharing a meal, volunteering while on the road, how an around the world adventure is a life changing involvement.
- Learning what it means to be a responsible traveler and choosing operators who protect and give back to local societies.
- Keynote interviews with world-renowned travel insiders on their perspectives on travel.”
Grab it: Grab “Going Local: Experiences and Encounters on the Road” by Nicholas Kontis on Amazon from $16.95.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.