Lonely Planet has just published “The Cruise Handbook,” a practical and inspiring guide to cruise travel designed for first-timers and experts and featuring advice from packing tips to cruise ship etiquette. Here’s the description from Amazon:
“Exploring the frozen Alaskan wilderness; spotting elephants and lions on a Botswana river safari; sailing through the mighty fjords in Scandinavia and New Zealand; island-hopping the Caribbean, rich in colonial plazas and white sand beaches. Cruising has never been more diverse.
“This practical and inspiring guide gives you the lowdown on the wide world of cruises. Get essential advice and expert tips on everything from the types of cruises available, where to go and how to book a great deal, to packing and travelling with the family. This ultimate trip-planning tool also features the best destinations for beaches, adventure, culture, chartering and more.
“Designed for both first-time cruisers and those looking for inspiration, The Cruise Handbook will help you discover the enormous range of boat trips around the world, and find and book your perfect cruise. You’ll also discover how to get the most out of each port of call. A fun and interesting read, it’s packed with photos and top tips throughout.
“The handbook is split into four sections:
“Smooth Sailing, which includes:
- Why Cruise?
- Wide World of Cruising
- Where to Cruise When
- DIY It!
- Cruise Your Way Quiz
“Planning your Choice, which includes:
- Top Planning Tips
- Staying Healthy
- Top Packing Tips
- Cruise Etiquette
- Excursion Low-down
“Inspiration, which includes:
- Top Ten Affordable Cruise Destinations
- Top Ten Beach Cruise Destinations
- Top Ten Nature Cruise Destinations
- Best Cruises for Family
- Top Regions for LGBTQ, Food, and Culture
“Choose Your Cruise, which includes:
- Round the World Cruises
- Alaska Cruises
- Arctic Cruises
- Caribbean Cruises
- European River Cruises
- And much, much more”
Grab it: Grab Lonely Planet’s “The Cruise Handbook” on Amazon for $12.18.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy new benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5X points on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3X points on dining and 2X points on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.