Lonely Planet recently released a beautiful hardback book titled “Epic Drives of the World.” The book showcases 50 of the greatest road trips on Earth, from classic routes in America, Australia and Europe, to incredible adventures in Asia and Africa.
The book is organized by continent so it’s easy to search and each route features a first-hand account with inspiring photographs, illustrated maps and practical advice on when to go, how to get there, where to stay, and what to eat. Drives range from Hawaii’s Hana Highway and Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh Road, to Utah’s National Park Circuit and Germany’s Black Forest High Road. See below for more info:
African and Middle East drives include:
- The self-drive Safari (Zambia)
- Crossing the Kalahari (Botswana)
- Passing over the Panorama Route (South Africa)
- Marrakesh to Taroudannt (Morocco)
- Cruising Clarence Drive (South Africa)
The Americas drives include:
- The Highway to Hana in Hawaii (USA)
- The Salar de Uyuni (Bolivia)
- The Pacific Coast Highway (USA)
- Crossing the Carretera Austral (Chile)
- Canada’s Icefields Parkway
Asia drives include:
- On the trail of Ho Chi Minh (Vietnam)
- Crossing the Kathmandu Loop (Nepal)
- Hightailing from Thimphu to Gangtey (Bhutan)
- South Korea: From top to toe
- The road from Srinagar to Manali (India)
Europe drives include:
- Black Forest High Road (Germany)
- The Wilds of Abruzzo (Italy)
- Croatia’s Adriatic coast
- Norway’s west coast
- The Magic Circle (Iceland)
Oceania drives include:
- Southern Alps explorer (New Zealand)
- The Great Ocean Road (Australia)
- Northland & the Bay of Islands (New Zealand)
- Following the Captain Cook Highway (Australia)
- Alice Springs to Darwin (Australia)
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.