I’m not a beer guy. Actually, I despise the taste of alcohol and I’ve never been drunk in my life. However, I can’t say the same for my friends and family members. I know plenty of people who, when they travel, love sipping local beer and drinks. If you’re one of them—or know one—then consider getting Lonely Planet‘s “Global Beer Tour,” the ultimate beer tasting travel guide. It just came out today!
The timing is great since beer tourism is on the rise and the global beer scene has never been more exciting. It’s growing in countries like Italy and Japan, and 78% of adults of drinking age in the US live within 10 miles of a local brewery.
The book features breweries in 32 countries across five continents and explores the vibrant world of craft beer from San Diego to South Africa. It also shares how to experience each place and features lists like the top 10 weird beers, 10 great food and peer pairings, the best beer cities in the US, and more. From Indiana to Asheville, Portland to Hawaii, there are 36 US breweries featured in the book.
Grab it: Grab a copy of Lonely Planet‘s “Global Beer Tour” on Amazon from $12.18.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.