Lonely Planet‘s “Secret Marvels of the World” hits the market next week, so you can only preorder it now. It showcases the most mysterious, mesmerizing and bizarre spots on Earth.
From Amazon: “Featuring communist bunkers, burning gas craters and at least one sponge-rock fluorescent grotto built by Polish monks, this book reveals weird and wonderful sights the crowds don’t reach.
- We’ve all heard of India’s Taj Mahal, but what about Karna Mata Temple? It’s a building teeming with rats so revered they enjoy A-list treatment with daily offerings of milk and fruit.
- It’s no secret that visitors to Berlin can see parts of its infamous Wall still standing in the city. Not so many people know that segments of the wall have travelled all around the world and can be found in places including Los Angeles, Japan and Iceland.
- Stonehenge is one of the UK’s most popular tourist sites. So why not beat the crowds and head to Nebraska instead, where you can marvel at a Carhenge – a replica of the great monolith site constructed entirely from vintage cars.
This packed and fascinating title takes its readers on a journey through the world’s lesser known marvels. Dive into an underworld of the planet’s most surprising, fun, perplexing, kitsch and downright bizarre sights – and explore human stories and mysterious happenings that you won’t find inside a regular guidebook.
From eerie natural wonders to historical oddities and bizarre architecture, this is a travel companion for the incurably curious.”
Grab it: Grab (preorder) Lonely Planet’s “Secret Marvels of the World” on Amazon for $16.50.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases.
- 2X points on dining at restaurants including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.