Lonely Planet‘s “Secret Marvels of the World” hits the market next week, so you can only preorder it now. It showcases the most mysterious, mesmerizing and bizarre spots on Earth.
From Amazon: “Featuring communist bunkers, burning gas craters and at least one sponge-rock fluorescent grotto built by Polish monks, this book reveals weird and wonderful sights the crowds don’t reach.
- We’ve all heard of India’s Taj Mahal, but what about Karna Mata Temple? It’s a building teeming with rats so revered they enjoy A-list treatment with daily offerings of milk and fruit.
- It’s no secret that visitors to Berlin can see parts of its infamous Wall still standing in the city. Not so many people know that segments of the wall have travelled all around the world and can be found in places including Los Angeles, Japan and Iceland.
- Stonehenge is one of the UK’s most popular tourist sites. So why not beat the crowds and head to Nebraska instead, where you can marvel at a Carhenge – a replica of the great monolith site constructed entirely from vintage cars.
This packed and fascinating title takes its readers on a journey through the world’s lesser known marvels. Dive into an underworld of the planet’s most surprising, fun, perplexing, kitsch and downright bizarre sights – and explore human stories and mysterious happenings that you won’t find inside a regular guidebook.
From eerie natural wonders to historical oddities and bizarre architecture, this is a travel companion for the incurably curious.”
Grab it: Grab (preorder) Lonely Planet’s “Secret Marvels of the World” on Amazon for $16.50.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.
The comments on this page are not provided, reviewed, or otherwise approved by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered. Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.
Editorial Note: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any bank, credit card issuer, airlines or hotel chain, and has not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by any of these entities.